All data subjects whose personal data is collected, is done so in line with the requirements of the UK General Data Protection Regulations.
Allcock Family Funeral Services is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Allcock Family Funeral Services collecting/processing their personal data.
All Employees of Allcock Family Funeral Services who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Who are we?
Allcock Family Funeral Services are a partnership consisting of six directors. Together, we operate as funeral directors in the Norwich and Norfolk areas.
We are dedicated to providing professionally arranged funeral services for bereaved families and for those who wish to plan their own funerals in advance.
We liaise with third party contractors only to facilitate the procedure of conducting funeral services and all that this might entail. Allcock Family Funerals Services also offer prepaid funeral plans in conjunction with Ecclesiastical Planning Services Limited.
We do not engage in marketing for any other purpose unless specifically requested to do so by our clients.
For the purposes of providing our service to you, the personal data we would like to process is:
|Personal data type||Source|
|Names||Client & service providers|
|Addresses||Client & service providers|
|Telephone numbers||Client & service providers|
|Email addresses||Client & service providers|
|Bank Details (Sort Code & A/c Numbers)||Service providers|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- For the fulfilment of your funeral service arrangements
- To engage and liaise with, and also to pay suppliers in the performance of our agreement with you
Our legal basis for processing the personal data is:
- For the fulfilment of a contract entered into with respect to funeral services
- To enable to remit directly to our suppliers on terms of business
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or the third parties we use, are done so as follows:
- For the provision of prepaid funeral plans and other funeral related services requested by our clients
The special categories of personal data collected and processed by us are:
- Religious beliefs
Consent is required for Allcock Family Funeral Services to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why, and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
Allcock Family Funeral Services will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- The chosen crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased
- The chosen cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased
- A nominated celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service
- Musicians chosen for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for the funeral service
- With data storage providers who might, for example, host our cloud archive
- With our donation hosting website to provide the service they offer
6. Retention period
Allcock Family Funeral Services will process personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to undertake the funeral services and close any contract financially.
We will store the personal data indefinitely as an archive only. The purpose of which will be for access as a reference should the need arise from a family/executor/clients return for the potential use in arranging future close relatives funeral arrangements. If we are specifically asked not to do this, the documents will be destroyed after 7 years. Supplier partners information will be held on file while continued future engagement with the supplier is foreseen.
7. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct any data that we hold about you that may be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – under certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of data processing such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Allcock Family Funeral Services refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 8 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated under clause 3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Allcock Family Funeral Services or its contracted third parties, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with both the supervisory authority and Allcock Family Funeral Services.
The details for each of these contacts are:
- Name: Information Commissioner’s Office
- Web: https://ico.org.uk
- Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/contact-us-public/
- Phone: 0303 123 1113
- Name: Allcock Family Funeral Services
- Web: https://allcockfunerals.co.uk
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 01603 766996
9. Online privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data on our website: https://allcockfunerals.co.uk
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Allcock Family Funeral Services, will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
How does Allcock Family Funeral Services embed content from other websites?
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Why does Allcock Family Funeral Services need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a funeral service or advice about prepaid funeral plans we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Allcock Family Funeral Services would contact you for separate consent.
Will Allcock Family Funeral Services share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Allcock Family Funeral Services in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to store your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of Allcock Family Funeral Services.
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they are obliged to delete the details in line with Allcock Family Funeral Services’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Allcock Family Funeral Services use the personal data it collects about me?
Allcock Family Funeral Services will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Allcock Family Funeral Services is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Allcock Family Funeral Services contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How can I find out what personal data Allcock Family Funeral Services holds about me?
At your request, Allcock Family Funeral Services can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Allcock Family Funeral Services does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Allcock Family Funeral Services, or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.